Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Behind The Lens || "Practical French" e-cookbook

One of my biggest regrets is not making enough use of my photography skills, afterall I do have a BFA in Photography!  I'm not fortunate enough (yet!) to make my living from pursuing my creative efforts full time, but I thoroughly enjoy picking up a few shoots a year to supplement my income and keep my eyes sharp.  My latest production was for an electronic cookbook, Practical French with Nathalie, available here.


A little background about this collaboration: Nathalie has a daughter, Gabriella, and my parents are Gabriella's god parents.  My dad worked with both Nathalie and her husband Mathias years back and my mom took care of Gabriella from the time she was just a few months old until she was about three.  Being far from their native home countries (Nathalie is French (that's obvious, right?!) and Mathias is German) we became a sort of extended family to them here in the states.



When Nathalie said she wanted to pen a French cookbook, I was excited that she thought of me to shoot it.  I assisted with a handful of shoots like this with Amy Haskell, however this was my first solo endeavor for a cookbook.  I should mention that it was Nathalie who introduced me to Amy, a family friend who shot her wedding, and who I went on to assist for during college and a short time after.  Nathalie and Mathias had already shot many of the dishes but needed someone to tackle the last few as well as the cover and website bio shots.  Extra bonus that I got to sample the food as I shot; perks of the job!  The images here are final edits that made the cut.  Sorry, though, you'll have to buy the cookbook to see all the amazing recipes!  Bon apetit!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog...and on shooting the cookbook! You've got some serious creative skills - glad to see you putting them to use!! :)

    ReplyDelete