Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is what it's all about!


In my family, we're big on tradition.  Sure, we are open to trying new things, but we like our traditions.  In a world of constant change, it's nice to know there are some things you can count on.  Thanksgiving is no different.  My dad has to have his lima beans, cranberry sauce from a can (although he likes the homemade whole berry type also), and pecan pie--he is a Southern man after all!  My little sister has to make the crescent rolls from scratch and I have to make Senator Russell's sweet potato souffle, a recipe handed down from my dad's grandmother.  And while we tend to kitchen duties, we also watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and yes, we still wait to see Santa!

As an adult now, I love returning to my parents' home to continue with these traditions.  I love that no matter how old I get or how far away I may be from my family at times, I can always come back and find comfort in these traditions and comfort in the people who make these memories so special.

Since neither Josh nor I are willing to part with our families for the holidays, we decided to start our own tradition together this year and celebrate Thanksgiving at our home this past Sunday.  We (ok maybe just I) dubbed it Tashua's (Tashy + Joshua) First Annual Thanksgiving Celebration!  As it turns out, he's not so keen on many of the dishes I grew up on.  Seriously, though, who doesn't like cranberry sauce?!  Anyway, thanks to Josh's free turkey from work, we enjoyed a delicious meal together.  Even Ricky Ricardo got in on the turkey action!  We never feed him table food since he has a sensitive tummy, so this was really a treat.

I hope you enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment