Tuesday, October 29, 2013

In Case You Were Wondering || A Fun Q&A

In the spirit of fun and to share more about myself, I thought I'd participate in a little Q&A quiz inspired by a recent blog post from Kaelah of Little Chief Honeybee.  Enjoy!

1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
After hitting snooze 5 times, I check my instagram feed.  It forces me to have to wake up so I can actually register what I'm looking at.  Plus, it's normally some good visuals to start my day.

2. What is the third picture on your phone?  Share it!
Me and my sweet Ricky Ricardo from his first trip to Seattle in 2012.  He was only six months old here and just so stinkin cute.



3. What TV show are you most excited about returning this Fall?
Since I only have Hulu and Netflix, I honestly don't even know what the Fall lineup is!  I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Orange Is The New Black whenever it's supposed to come back, though.  And I'm waiting for the last season of Sons of Anarchy to come out so I can catch up.  Love me some Jax Teller!

4. What is something really popular that you secretly (or not so secretly) loathe?
Crop tops.  I just don't get it and will not be participating in that trend.

5. Do you have any pets?  Tell us about them!  Bonus points for pictures.
Mr. Ricky Ricardo is my 1 1/2 year old Frenchie who I adore in an unhealthy way!  In fact, last night I took a minute long video of him snoring because he was just too precious.  I can't help myself, he's my sweet little lovebug. 

He "helps" with DIY projects.

After our first week together, we were both in love.

Even Ricky is a tourist, visiting the first Starbucks in Seattle in 2012. He wasn't much impressed.

His first Christmas; he was more interested in the lights and tree water.

Even with dirt hanging from his mouth, he's so handsome!

Celebrating his first birthday at the park.

He's the best cuddler, especially when his mama's sick.




































































































































































































































   
6. If you could put together one outfit that represents you perfectly, what would it be?
Colored skinny jeans, Toms, and a comfy tee/blouse/sweater.  If it's cold enough, throw in a scarf and I'm golden.  I'm in love with my newest pair of Toms!



7. What is your favorite adult beverage?
I'm all in for a good mojito, classic or passion fruit flavored.  Lately I'm on a Bloody Mary kick, too.

8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
I hate to admit that I love flipping through US mag weekly to look at all the pictures and I check in frequently to see the gossip on TMZ and EOnline.

9. What are 3 positive words to describe you?
Honest, optimistic, loving.

10. What is your favorite Friday afternoon/evening activity?
At the end of a long week, I like to eat out with my main man and just relax.  And after an especially rough week, a nice margarita or mojito doesn't hurt.

11. A day in the life: What does your typical day look like?
A typical work day starts at 6:30, waking Josh up since he sleeps like a rock through his alarms, feeding Ricky, and getting myself ready for the day.  I get to work by 8:00 in time for the daily executive meeting and spend the next 9 hours waiting for 5:00 to come around, if I'm being totally honest!  After work is normally filled with playing/cuddling with Ricky, making dinner for Josh and I, and either going to the gym or working on a project/my blog in the office.  We normally finish the night with an episode of Burn Notice or Dirty Jobs before bed which is normally around 10:30.  Nothing exciting, but so goes the work week.

A typical weekend usually starts around 7:00/8:00 with Josh sleeping in longer if he doesn't have to work.  On Saturdays I go to Power Yoga at 9:30 usually followed by a coffee run at The Coffee Shop and taking Ricky to the dog park.  If I'm baking something or have a project lined up, I do my supply shopping and almost always can find myself at Target buying things I probably don't need!  On Sundays I like to lay in bed catching up on Pinterest and blogs I follow before getting out of bed, then I either make us brunch or we grab a quick bite before starting house projects/chores and running errands.  We normally do our grocery shopping for the week on Sunday evening so I gather up recipes and plan our week's meals out for the week.

12. If you cold live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
Outside of the US I would love to live in Spain or Australia.  I've been to Spain and loved but Australia would be a new fun adventure surrounded by water.  I could get used to that!

13. You've got a whole day to yourself...what will you do?
I'm a bit spoiled in that I normally have a dream day to myself on most Saturdays.  In any case, I'd start my day with Power Yoga, pick up Ricky and head to The Coffee Shop to enjoy an iced vanilla soy latte and San Diegan plate on the patio, then head to the dog park for a while to let Ricky make some friends.  To be really spoiled, I'd probably opt for a massage, mani, pedi, and facial afterward!  A spa day sounds so relaxing and luxurious!  For dinner I'd pick up some caprese bruschetta and salad from Sauce and spend the rest of the day enjoying an Ugly Betty marathon while perusing Pinterest and making to do lists.  I love the little simple things.

14. Dream job?
Owning my own studio where I paint, photograph, and print to my heart's content.  I'd also like to teach art to small kids to help nurture their creativity.

15. Least favorite chore?
Putting laundry away!  I can wash, dry, and fold laundry just fine, but I loathe putting it away!  Instead, I like to pile my clean clothes on top of a chair in our bedroom until Josh nags me enough about it.  This past weekend I got it all done and even took the chair out of the room so I'm not tempted to start a new pile!

16. When do you most feel like a rock star?
After yoga, hands down.  There is something so empowering about yoga that puts me on top of the world.  I will skip cardio day any day of the week (even though those cupcakes say I shouldn't) but I will NOT miss power yoga for anything.

17. What is something you are currently trying to improve within yourself?
Follow through.  I can plan to my heart's content, but following through is sometimes a slow process.  I'm working on it!

If you made it through that whole quiz, good for you for sticking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment