Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wedding Planning || Handlettering

Planning a wedding is no small feat, even one as small as ours.  From the beginning, I knew I wanted to be very hands on, doing as much as I/we could do as possible.  Sure, it could be due to that small control freak quirk I have going on.  But more than that, I've looked forward to the opportunity to learn new printing and hand lettering techniques for our save the dates, invitations, menus, etc.  It's also put a little spark in my etsy shop goals. 
Being behind a desk all day at work, it's nice to get away and flex my creative muscles as I doodle the plans for our wedding details.  We'll be screen printing our invitation package and menu boards so I've been prepping files to bring to our friend's shop this weekend to have our screens flashed.  I've also (half) built a small jig that will allow me to print easily at home or really anywhere.  More on that another day.
That pencil doesn't lie, it really is the very best mechanical pencil.  Ever.  Ricky Ricardo can attest; he's eaten two already.  Go get yourself some and thank me later!

I'll keep you posted with more wedding planning details soon as we're just 3 short months away from the big day!  Yikes. 













No comments:

Post a Comment