My only experience with "baking" in a mug was unsuccessful so I was hesitant to try it again. But after seeing this feature recently, I decided to give it another go but with a few tweaks. Much to my delight, the muffin in a mug was a success! I don't know the calorie content of these guys but I'm hoping it's not crazy considering I've eaten one nearly every day the past couple weeks! The heartiness of the whole wheat flour and ground flax seed fill me up and Ricky Ricardo likes that he gets to sample the blueberries. It's a treat for everyone!
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t ground flax seed
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 T butter
- 2 T + 1 t soy milk
- 1/8 t vanilla extract
- 2+ T blueberries
- Mix the first six ingredients together in a microwave-safe mug until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the butter into small chunks and add to dry mixture, working the butter in until no big chunks remain. The mixture should look like moist sand at this point.
- Add in the milk and vanilla extract and stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkles blueberries throughout muffin mixture, pushing a few down so your blueberries are dispersed throughout.
- Microwave on high for 80 seconds. Let cool for a minute--those blueberries will be HOT!